Presidents Place, Room 115
ATTN: Financial Aid Office
1250 Hancock St.
Quincy Center, MA 02169
Phone: (617) 984-1620
Fax: (617) 984-1769
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 6:15pm
Friday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
Federal School Code: 002205
Rose M. DeVito
Associate Vice President for Financial Aid
Associate Director of Financial Aid
Financial Aid Associate
Mary Jane Knox
Financial Aid Assistant
Financial Aid Associate
Financial Aid Agent
It's not too late to apply for Financial Aid for the 2014-15 year!
We offer competitive financial aid packages to assist you in pursuing an even more affordable education. Get started today and submit a FREE application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Federal school code: 002205
The Quincy College Financial Aid Office determines the financial aid available to eligible students based on the information provided in their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and counsels them through the financial aid process. Financial aid is available through federal and state grants, scholarships, loans and work study programs. Most students receive an aid package that combines several different types of assistance.
Each year approximately 50% of the student body receives some type of financial assistance. Quincy College recognizes the importance of finding the necessary resources to finance education for students. The Financial Aid Office is committed to helping students through the financial aid process. However, it is important to remember that the amount of financial aid a student is eligible for may not cover all of the costs associated with their education. Financial Aid is intended to supplement the student and parent(s) contribution to the costs of college and is based on financial need.
Students should apply for financial aid early and respond to all requests for additional information in a timely fashion.
In order to remain eligible for financial aid, students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). This academic progress is measured twice each school year. In order to maintain SAP, students must complete 67% of the courses they attempt. This measurement is taken cumulatively to include all courses attempted at Quincy College. Additionally each student must maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.00. If a student has not achieved the necessary SAP, he/she will be given one semester of academic probation. By the end of that semester, he/she must bring their GPA and completion percentage to the level required. If the student’s progress does not improve after their probationary period, he/she will lose financial aid eligibility until they have reached acceptable levels of academic progress. See the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for further information.
Quincy College Academic Scholarship Application 2014-15
National Transport Car Shipping Company - $1,000.00
Application Deadline: November 7, 2014
We would like to present a scholarship to students looking to further their education, and illustrate to National Transport how their ideas can impact the world on a larger scale. We understand that tuition rates are only raising and want to do everything in our power help make education more accessible. This is why National Transport would like to offer up to $1,000 to the winner of our “Road to Success” Scholarship program. Eligibility information is available on our website.
A Better America Scholarship Program - $1,500.00
Application Deadline: December 31, 2014
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
• Currently enrolled at an accredited university in the United States.
• A citizen of the United States, or have a valid green card.
• International students studying in the United States are eligible, but they will have to demonstrate their intention to stay in the country after graduation and see through their change-making agenda.
Boling Rice, LLC Scholarship - $1,000.00
Application Deadline: January 15, 2015
Boling Rice, LLC is offering a $1,000 scholarship to current and incoming students. To be eligible the student needs to answer a question in a 500+ word essay that they will find on our website.
AllJobOpenings.com Working Student Scholarship - $2,000.00
Application Deadline: June 10, 2015
We know that balancing your academic responsibilities with your social life is hard. Adding a job to the mix can make college feel downright impossible at times. We'd like to help make things a little bit easier for you. The scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis for the Fall semester. The current application deadline is June 10th, 2015. For more information on how to apply, please visit our website.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP RESOURCES
American Legion Department of Massachusetts - masslegion.org
College Scholarships - www.collegescholarships.org
Dr. Pepper Tuition - www.drpeppertuition.com
Niche - www.colleges.niche.com
Order Sons of Italy - osiama.org
Rankin Foundation - www.rankinfoundation.org
Scholarships - www.scholarships.com
Scholarship America - www.scholarshipamerica.org
Scholarship Guidance -scholarshipguidance.com
Single Parent Alliance of America - www.spaoa.org
Surety Bonds Scholarships - www.suretybonds.com/scholarships
Financial Aid & Scholarship Opportunities for International Students »
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements:
1. You must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen (Permanent Resident)
2. You must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
3. You must not be in default on a student loan or owe a refund on any other federal/state aid program.
4. You must be in good academic standing and making Satisfactory Academic Progress in accordance with the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
5. You must be registered with Selective Service if you are male.
6. You must not have been convicted for possession or the sale of illegal drugs while receiving financial aid. (See Alcohol & Substance Abuse Policy)
7. You must not be receiving financial aid at another college or university.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
- Tuition & Fees
- Eligibility Requirements
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Types of Financial Aid
- Student Loan Repayment Information
- Helpful Financial Aid Links
- Health Insurance
· Financial Aid Info Form 2014-2015
· Petition for Reevaluation Due To Special Conditions 2014-2015
· Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Verification 2014-2015
· Verification of Household Resources (Dependent) 2014-2015
· Verification of Household Resources (Independent) 2014-2015
· Verification of Dependency Status 2014-2015
· Verification of Identity and High School Completion and Educational Statement of Purpose 2014-2015
· Source of Income 2014-2015
· Parent Non-Tax Filers Statement 2013
· Student Non-Tax Filers Statement 2013
· Verification Worksheet - Dependent Student 2014-2015
· Verification Worksheet - Independent Student 2014-2015
· Verification of Child Support Paid - Independent Student 2014-2015
· Verification of Child Support Paid - Parent Version 2014-2015
·Quincy College Information Release Form
·Federal Stafford Loan Change Sheet
·Petition to Apply For Financial Aid as an Independent Applicant
·Academic Progress Appeal Form
·Value of Investment Property
Spring 2014 Book Vouchers • Book Vouchers for the Spring Semester will only be available at the Quincy College Bookstore from January 7th through February 25th. • Your book voucher becomes available 24 hours after you have registered for classes. If you have already registered for classes your voucher will be available starting January 7th. • Book Vouchers will not be available at any time outside the posted date ranges. • To determine if you have funds available for books log into your QC Portal and go to “View Student Account”. • If you have a credit available, bring your Quincy College Student ID Card and your class schedule to the Quincy College Book Store.
Older Announcements »