Guide to Graduation
1. The 2014 Spring Commencement Ceremony will be held at the Quincy Marriott (subject to change) on Saturday, May 30, 2015, beginning at TBA.
2. Graduates should report to the Quincy Marriott at TBA. Upon arrival graduates will be directed to the appropriate area where they will be briefed on the protocol for the ceremony. Specific instructions for the processional and recessional will be given as well. There will not be a secure area to leave personal belongings during the ceremony, so please plan accordingly.
3. Honor cords will be distributed to students exemplifying outstanding academic achievement. Students will be notified upon check in.
4. A professional photographer will be taking all graduates’ photographs as they step down from the stage with their degree in hand. The photographer will provide information about purchasing photography packages and will also contact students at a later date to arrange delivery. Students are not obligated to purchase the professional photographs.
5. College ushers from Gamma Beta Phi will direct your family and guests to the appropriate seating for the ceremony in the ballroom.
6. All graduate applicants should be aware that to participate in the Commencement Ceremony you must have met all of the requirements:
• completed all academic degree requirements
• achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
• paid the Commencement fee
• settled all balances with the Business Office/Library
• completed an exit interview if you received Financial Aid
Commencement Security Measures Announcement
With hundreds of people expected to attend the Quincy College Commencement on May 31, 2014, in an effort to maximize the safety and security of all who attend the graduation event, the College is instituting security measures at the Quincy Marriott.
Everyone attending Commencement must observe the following guidelines:
• Graduates, faculty, and staff must carry their robes into the Marriott and then dress in designated assembly areas;
• Attendees are not to leave any personal items unattended at the South Shore Music Circus. Personal items may not be left to save seats. Please be sure to keep personal items in your possession at all times;
• All attendees will be required to go through a security check upon entering the South Shore Music Circus and they and their belongings may be subject to search. This process will be repeated each time anyone leaves and reenters the South Shore Music Circus;
• If you observe any activity that appears to you to be suspicious, please report it immediately to one of the Quincy Police officers present.
Graduates, please convey this information to any family and friends who may be attending your Commencement.
Your cooperation with these measures, which are designed with everyone’s safety in mind, is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Directions to the South Shore Music Circus:
1000 Marriott Drive, Quincy, MA 02169
617-472-1000, Quincy Marriott Website
- The South Shore Music Circus offers plenty of on-site parking adjacent to the venue.
- If using a GPS ENTER the following for the address:
130 Sohier Street
Cohasset, MA 02025
From the North:
Take I-93 South to exit 7 (Route 3), immediately take exit 18 (Braintree/Quincy). Bear left off ramp towards ‘T’ sign for Quincy Station. Follow to traffic lights and turn left onto Center St. Take immediate left into Crown Colony Park. Hotel is 1/4 mile ahead on Marriott Drive.
From the South:
Take I-95 North to I-93. Take exit 7, Route 3 South (Braintree/Cape Cod). Take first exit (exit 18), and turn left off ramp. Stay left until traffic light. Take left at light, and left into Crown Colony Park. Take a left onto Marriott Drive.
- Graduation Application
- Student Commencement Speaker Application
- Quincy Marriott Website
Past Commencement Speeches:
• Henry Rubin Spring 2011 Commencement Speech
• Tom Clasby Winter 2012 Commencement Speech
• Suzanne Bump Spring 2012 Commencement Speech
• Dr. Wayne Westcott Winter 2013 Commencement Speech
• Steve Sweeney 2013 Spring Commencement Speech
• Cheryl Bartlett 2014 Winter Commencement Speech