Start your career today.
Interested in a career in computer science? The opportunities are out there, and our new Bachelor’s degree program will provide you with everything you’ll need to be successful in today’s workforce. Learn programming languages, analytical skills, and technical tools from experienced, industry-savvy faculty members committed to teaching — and supporting — their students. There’s never been a better time to experience the value of a Quincy College education.
- Flexible program, with part-time and online options available.
- Low tuition at $302 per computer science credit ($906 per course), plus applicable fees.
- The program is 120 credits, including 41 credits of general ed core requirements, 67 credits of program requirements, and 12 open electives.
- Quincy College students with an AS in Computer Science or a related field are granted junior-year status in the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
- Graduates from other colleges can transfer up to 90 credits to the baccalaureate program.
- Students with an associate degree in any discipline and from any college are welcome to apply.
Join us at our next Information session >
- Academic Advising: (617) 984-1720
- Dean’s Office of Professional Programs: (617) 405-5920
- Financial Aid Office: (617) 984-1620
- Registrar’s Office: (617) 984-1650
- Student Accessibility and Academic Support Services: (617) 405-5915
Below is the recommended course of study for a full-time student. We encourage students to speak to an Academic Advisor before registering for courses each semester.
|ENG 101 English Comp I||3|
|CSI 101 Introduction to Computers||3|
|IDS 167 First Year Seminar||3|
|CSI 116 Introduction to Programming||3|
|CSI 244 Networking I||3|
|MAT 103 College Algebra||3||Appropriate Placement Score
or Completion of MAT 097
|CSA 227 Website Design||3|
|ENG 102 English Composition II||3||ENG 101|
|CSI 107 C++ Programming||3||CSI 116|
|CSI 226 Unix With Linux||3|
|CSA 213 Database Management||3|
|Natural Science Core w/ Lab /Elective||3|
|MAT 113 Pre-Calculus||3||MAT 103 OR Permission of
|CSI 108 Advanced C++||3||CSI 107|
|MAT 204 Calculus I B||4||MAT 113|
|CSI 218 Data Structures and Algorithms||3||CSI 108|
|CSI 235 Computer Architecture||3||CSI 116|
|CSI 242 Computer Systems Security||3||CSI 244 OR permission of instructor|
|Social Science/Psychology Core/Elective||3|
|CSI 313 Advanced Database Management||2||CSA 213|
|CSA 229 Web and Mobile Development
|3||CSI 116 and CSA 227|
|CSI 311 Digital Computer Hardware||3||CSI 116|
|CSI 318 Analysis of Algorithms||3||CSI 218|
|CSI 340 Compiler Theory||3||CSI 218|
|CSI 317 Operating Systems||3||CSI 218|
|MAT 210 Discrete Mathematics||4||MAT 204|
|CSI 330 Graphics Programming/UI/UX||3||CSI 218 and CSA 227|
|CSI 480 Artificial Intelligence||3||CSI 218; MAT 210 (prereq or
|General Education Elective (not CS) 200
level or above
|General Education Elective (not CS) 200-
level or above
|CSI 490 Software Engineering (Capstone)||3||CSI 218, CSI 226, CSI 330, and