This week’s Employer Spotlight: Capital One
Date: Thursday, November 10th, 2016
Location: Student Lounge, Quincy Campus
About Capital One: At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
About the job: Café Ambassador – The Café Experience: Welcome to a new idea in banking. Here at Capital One, we’re redefining how people bank. You see, we believe banking should fit our customers’ everyday lives – not the other way around. Our Capital One Café is a welcoming environment where customers can try out our digital and financial tools, grab a great cup of coffee and get to know our Ambassadors (and each other). It’s a place where they can recharge their mobile devices, plug into some free WiFi and learn new ways to save time and money. We’re redefining the typical work experience, too. Our Café Ambassador team exists to enhance the financial lives of people in the communities we serve. And we’re not just looking to fill open positions – we seek outgoing, passionate people who really want to be a part of this whole reimagined banking experience. Don’t just take our word for it, check out what our Café Ambassadors have to say about their experience at Capital One, and learn more about working in our cafes: https://jobs.capitalone.com/cafe
Here’s what we’re looking for in you:
- You’re friendly and engaging and can connect with Café visitors and regulars alike. Yep, you’re a people person – whether you’re handing out free coffee cards, helping folks with technology challenges or simply showing off some of the cool services and products we offer.
- You’re part of the community. You’ll work with local businesses, nonprofits and charities to plan events both in and outside of the Café.
- You’re naturally curious and like to learn. We’ll teach you what Capital One has to offer our customers – products, services and experiences – to help steer them in the right direction toward their financial goals.
- You’re digitally savvy. You’ll showcase what’s possible in our physical space and how to easily navigate our mobile and online experience.
- You’re a team player. You’ll work with an energized team of Café Ambassadors and help inspire your teammates as they inspire you. If you’re nodding along and like what you’re reading, let’s talk.
– High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certification or military experience
– 1 year of Retail, Sales or Customer Service experience
– Associate’s degree
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Direct Link to Application: https://www.capitalonecareers.com/job/hingham/cafe-ambassador-hingham/1732/3122282
Click here to learn more about about Career Services at Quincy College.
For more information on the Employer Spotlight please click here.