Quincy College Honors Program
Beginning in September 2017, Quincy College will offer an Honors Program. The Program will initially proceed on the basis of adding honors content to existing courses. The content will consist of more complex and sophisticated work/assessments than that required of other students in those classes.
The next step in the Honors curriculum will be to develop and have approved, during the fall 2017 semester, honors specific seminars of a type and content as yet to be determined.
Once a large enough cohort has been established, Honors specific courses will be developed.
Criteria for Eligibility
For those students who have submitted all the required material, listed below, their acceptance into the Honors Program will be determined on an individual basis by a five (5) member committee.
- Current Quincy College students: must have earned a minimum of twelve (12) credits and have a GPA of at least 3.5.
- Recent high school graduates and students transferring to Quincy College from other institutions of higher education:
- High school transcripts (for recent high school graduates); college transcripts (for transfer students);
- Two letters of recommendation;AP test scores; SAT/ACT scores (optional).
Students who have been away from the educational setting for seven (7) or more years will be required to complete one (1) full semester in order to establish eligibility.
Benefits to Students
- Scholarship for Honors students
- Recognition on QC Transcript
- Possible Weighted GPA for Honors courses
- Increased internship/career opportunities
- Increased transfer opportunities
You might also be interested in...
Quincy College provides students with many scholarship opportunities. We also provide students with resources for external scholarship opportunities.
We offer competitive financial aid packages to assist you in pursuing an even more affordable education.
Quincy College makes taking college courses and earning your degree financially possible.