About Internship Services
An internship is an opportunity for a student to go to a place of business, work in a professional setting and apply the skills and the knowledge acquired through QC classwork.
Internships combine hands-on work experience with classroom learning, provide access to unique, professional opportunities and offer real job experience.
Apply Classroom Theory
- An internship is a chance to see what you have learned in the classroom that relates to the world of work, how the concepts you have read about in textbooks are used in practice, and what theories, ideas, or concepts might be applied in your career area.
- Together with your professor and the QC Internship Coordinator you will identify new skills you hope to learn during an internship. Some skills will relate directly to your focus of study. You will also have the chance to develop other transferable skills, including operating office or computer equipment, handling a variety of situations simultaneously, organizing or analyzing data, records, or budgets, and improving teamwork, writing, and speaking abilities.
- On the job you will gain experience with managing pressure, work relationships and different leadership styles. You will have the opportunity to identify your work style preferences, productive work habits and strengthen your written and verbal communication skills.
Quincy College Internship Services
Quincy College will help you find or develop an internship, work to perfect your resume and cover letter (or start from scratch) and identify the support you need to be successful in your career path.
- Conduct outreach to potential internship providers and employers to identify and secure full, part time and summer internship and employment opportunities
- Help you find the right internship match to meet your academic and career goals; Provide guidance and assistance to students in order to secure appropriate internship and job placement
- Assist you with the building blocks to apply for an internship including building your resume and cover letter and preparing for job interviews.
- Oversee placement and monitoring of students at internship/job sites and obtain employer feedback
- Does your major require an internship? Work with our office in conjunction with your professor to find current opportunities
Karen Buzzelle (she/her/hers)
Internship Placement Coordinator
1250 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169
Anselmo Library, Room 323
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Milton
Quincy Community Action Programs (QCAP)
Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
Manet Community Health
Aspire Health Alliance
Massachusetts Department of Corrections
City of Quincy
Allied Health Group
Best of Care
Rogers & Gray Insurance
Student Success Stories
“Karen Buzzelle was instrumental in the process of my obtaining the internship. She reached out to the attorney and based on her conversations with her, determined that I would be a good fit for this position. After speaking with the attorney on the phone, I had an informative interview with her, and by the end we were both excited for me to start.”
“I think my hiring process was fairly smooth I had my interview and got the internship right after.”
“I find it easy to manage my workload when I am at my internship. I am usually given multiple tasks at once. I usually do each task one by one so I don’t begin to feel overwhelmed. There isn’t any real preparation I do for challenges besides just face them head on and do my best.”
“I am excited to finally be putting my hard work into practice. I have learned how to complete the accounting cycle in class. In my internship I am putting what I’ve learned into practice.”
“When reflecting back on the hiring process, I think it went well because their mission statement matched my passion and desire and I had already did research on the company and learned about the different services they offered there”
“I am extremely excited to begin case management and get to know these patients individually along with their personal stories so I can brainstorm and formulate the best plan and course of action in effectively treating each patient as they all will have different needs and approaches. I feel the knowledge obtained thus far from Quincy College will help me immensely and allow me to put my acquired skills and passion to use.”
Resume & Cover Letters
- Resume Magic
- 101 Best Resumes for New Grads
Quincy College Career Kit
Career Kit is an online career network that allows Quincy College students and alumni access to job listings, career search tools, tips and more. Career Kit is a great resource for discovering your career connections.
Leverage the world’s largest professional network to build relationships and connect with opportunity. Use LinkedIn Job Search to harness the power of your network to uncover insights such as whom you know at a company, providing you an edge in your job search.
Exploring Majors & Career Options
Career Cruising is an online program to identify the three top careers into which your interests, skills, and values fall. (Username: Quincy, Password: College)
Internship Basics with Karen
Set up a 30-minute Zoom meeting to learn about internships, work on your resume, identify your career interests, and clarify your next steps!
2:00pm – 3:30pm
11:00am – 12:00pm
Click here to set up your 30-minute Zoom meeting with Karen.
Virtual Work Space
Join others in this designated space to focus on one writing goal for 25 minutes! Bring your unfinished resume or cover letter and leave with a sense of accomplishment.
12:00am – 1:00pm
Drop-in Zoom session here.
Resume and Cover Letter Building Blocks
Start to build or perfect your resume and cover letter! Get tips and strategies to highlight your strengths and stand out among the competition.
1:00pm – 2:00pm
Drop-in Zoom session here.
1250 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169
Library, Rm 323
Internship Documents and Resources Coming Soon!
You might also be interested in...
Quincy College has agreements with many institutions in the Boston-area.
Social Media Directory
Stay connected! Like, share, snap, tweet and follow Quincy College on multiple social media platforms.
We are committed to promoting student success by offering services, programs and activities.
Our mission is to engage alumni and students in programs, events and services that energize interest, build loyalty and strengthen support of QC.