Welcome to the Office of Student Life at Quincy College!
We are here to help you get involved and connected to campus life outside the classroom. The Office of Student Life provides various social and educational activities and programs that help foster student success and holistic development. We create a vibrant and inclusive co-curricular and extra-curricular experience at Quincy College. With more than 20 clubs and organizations, a variety of intramural sports, plus the numerous opportunities in Quincy and Plymouth, getting involved is easy.
Please take the time to learn more about the different clubs, organizations, intramural sports and events that are offered at Quincy College!
Student Events & Programs
Download the April 2017 Student Events Calendar.
Download the May 2017 Student Events Calendar.
GET CONNECTED, GET INVOLVED, GET QC PRIDE
Why should I get involved?
Getting and staying involved in one of the most important things you can do while in college. “Involvement” is defined as any activity outside the classroom which enhances and contributes to student learning (Astin, 1993). Being involved can take many forms, from being a member of an active student organization, attending many unique programs and events or participating in our intramural sports. It doesn’t matter how you are involved, it only matters that you are!
Benefits of Involvement:
- Eases the transition into college
- Helps you need people and make friends with those who have similar interests
- Involved students are more likely to graduate
- Involved students feel more connected to the institution, the campus, the people, and are more familiar with the resources available
- Involved students report higher levels of satisfaction with their college experience
- Being involved encourages and advances your intellectual, cultural, spiritual, and social development
- As a result of your involvement, you will gain knowledge, skills and experience in leadership, communication, problem solving, group development, budgeting and finance, presentation and public speaking, and much more!
If you would like to know more information about student life and how to get involved, stop by the Office of Student Life. We look forward to seeing you around campus at our events and programs.
Please send any questions, comments, or feedback that you may have to the Office of Student Life at email@example.com
Quincy Campus Off Campus Activities & Resources
Although Quincy College provides students with opportunities to get involved on campus throughout the semester, we also encourage our students to go off-campus and explore all that is offered locally and in the surrounding communities. Below you will find a list that we have put together of a variety of restaurants, shopping, and activities for students to enjoy for both the Quincy and Plymouth campuses. If you do not have a car, do not worry! Both campuses are conveniently located near public transportation providing easy access to all that’s offered in the surrounding areas.
- Goodies Mini Mart: A convenience store located at Presidents Place, 1250 Hancock Street. They sell snacks, drinks, and they also make hot/cold subs (11-3 pm)
- Jimmy Johns: Cold sandwiches and subs, located at Presidents Place, 1250 Hancock Street. https://www.jimmyjohns.com/
- Gunther Tooties: A coffee shop located at 1253 Hancock Street that offers breakfast and lunch options. http://gunthertooties.com/
- Sher-A-Punjab: Indian cuisine http://www.sherapunjab.net/
- Subway: 1348 Hancock Street, Quincy, MA http://www.subway.com/en-us/findastore?zip=02169
- Acapulcos Mexican Family Restaurant & Cantina: 1388 Hancock St, Quincy, MA 02169 | (617) 479-1900 http://acapulcos.net/mexican-restaurant-locations/quincy-ma/
- The Fat Cat: http://www.fatcatrestaurant.com/
- The Fours: Sports Pub http://thefours.com/
- South Shore Plaza- www.simon.com
- Copley- www.simon.com
- Newbury Street- http://www.newbury-st.com/
- Prudential Center- http://www.prudentialcenter.com/
- Cambridge Side Galleria- http://www.cambridgesidegalleria.com/
- Faneuil Hall- www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com
- Downtown Boston- http://www.downtownboston.org/
- Adams National and Historical Park tours: https://www.nps.gov/adam/index.htm
- Boston Tours: http://www.viator.com/Boston-tours/d678-allthingstodo?pref=204
- O’Lindys bowling: http://olindysbowling.com/
- Dave & Busters: http://www.daveandbusters.com/braintree
- Gillette Stadium: http://stadiumfoxboro.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Gillette%20Stadium&utm_term=Gillette%20Stadium&utm_content=Gillette%20Stadium%20nfl
- Boston Bowl: http://bostonbowl.com/
- Fenway Park: http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/index.jsp
Bus & Train Schedule! Always a way in and a way out: http://mbta.com/
Plymouth Campus Off Campus Activities & Resources
Although Quincy College provides students with opportunities to get involved on campus throughout the semester, we also encourage our students to go off-campus and explore all that is offered locally and in the surrounding communities. Below you will find a list that we have put together of a variety of restaurants, shopping, and activities for students to enjoy around the Plymouth campus. If you do not have a car, do not worry! We are conveniently located near public transportation providing easy access to all that’s offered in the surrounding areas.
- Mamma Mia’s: Plymouth Water, Front 122 Water Street | 508-747-4670 mammamias.net/locations/plymouth-waterfront/
- The Blue Eyed Crab: Plymouth Water Front, 170 Water Street | 508-747-6776 http://www.blue-eyedcrab.com/
- KKaite’s Burger Bar: 38 Main Street Plymouth | 774-773-9444 http://www.kkaties.com/
- Wood’s Seafood: 15 Town Pier Plymouth, MA | 508-746-0261 http://www.woodsseafoods.com/index.php
- The Black Raspberry Pub: 36 cordage Park Cir. Plymouth, MA | 508-830-0022 http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-black-raspberry-pub-plymouth
- Lucioso’s Pub: 6 Spring Lane, Plymouth, MA | 508-746-0056 http://luciosospub.com/
- Water Front Bar & Grill: 170 Water Street Plymouth, MA | 508-591-8393 http://www.plymouthwaterfront.com/
- Sam Diego’s: 51 Main Street Plymouth, MA | 508-747-0048 http://www.samdiegos.com/index.php
- Driftwood: 39 Court Street Plymouth, MA | 508-927-4060 www.driftwoodpublickhouse.com
- Live Life Believe Fitness: http://www.livelifebelieve.com/
Arts & Outdoors
- Plymouth Waterfront Festival: http://www.plymouthwaterfrontfestival.com/
- Pilgrim Hall Museum: http://www.pilgrimhallmuseum.org/
- Plymouth Plantation: http://www.plimoth.org/
- Plymouth Area: Chamber of Commerce | Find out all the events that are offered in Plymouth: http://plymouthchamber.com/
Bus & Train Schedule! Always a way in and a way out: http://mbta.com/
For more information on beaches, parks, events, and other places to dine and shop in Plymouth and surrounding areas: www.seeplymouth.com
Download the complete Student Handbook via the link below.
Please refresh your browser before you view the Student Handbook links below. This will ensure that you are viewing the most recent Student Handbook.
- College Locations
- Academic Calendar Fall 2016 – Spring 2017
- Student Services
- Academic Advising
- Career Services & Workforce Development
- Disability Services
- Financial Aid
- Information Technology
- International Student Services
- Registrar’s Office
- Student Life
- Student Success Coaching
- Tutoring Services
- Veteran & Military Services
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Rights & Responsibilities Policy
- Drug Free Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination Policy
- Educational Records
- Hazing Policy
- Health Insurance Fee & Waiver
- Immunization Policy
- Racial Harassment Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy & Harassment Free Workplace
- Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Student Code of Conduct Procedure
- Student Grievance Procedure
- Security & Safety Information
- Campus Facilities-Security, access & Maintenance
- College Closing Notification System
- Lost & Found
- Parking Regulations
- Reporting the Annual Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- Reporting of Criminal Offenses
- Sexual Assault Information
- Statement Addressing Sex Offender Registration
- Timely Warning
- Academic Information & Policies
- Academic Amnesty Policy
- Academic Honors
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Academic Probation Policy
- Academic Standing
- Attendance & Performance
- Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI)
- Dean’s List
- Degree/Certificate Requirements
- Final Grade Appeal Process
- Grade Report Procedure
- Grading System
- Honors Convivium
- Incomplete Grades
- Professional Recognition Ceremonies
- Proper Attire in Science Laboratory Courses
- Refund Policy
- Repeating Courses
- Glossary of Academic Terms
You might also be interested in...
We would like to ensure that our students have the opportunity to get the exercise that they need in order to live a healthy lifestyle.
Clubs & Organizations
Student Clubs and Organizations at Quincy College offer the opportunity to be involved in many different ways – on campus and in the community.
You can find me around campus and on social media. #JohnQCAdams
Social Media Directory
Stay connected! Like, share, snap, tweet and follow Quincy College on multiple social media platforms.