Pharmacy Technician Certificate
This program has 120 in-class hours and 80 required unpaid externship hours that prepare students for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam and to obtain the title of Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician. This training skills program is offered to everyone seeking employment in the pharmacy technician field.
- Instruction in medical and pharmaceutical terminology
- Principles of pharmacology and pharmaceuticals
- Drug identification, pharmacy laboratory procedures, prescription interpretation, patient communication, and education
- Safety procedures, record-keeping, measurement and testing techniques, pharmacy business operations, prescription preparation
- Logistics and dispensing operations, and applicable standards and regulations
Program duration is based on a total number of 120 hours, and students are required to complete 80 hours of an externship. Classes will be offered in person and online. Attendance is required and must be at 80% or above to graduate from this program.
To be eligible for the 80-hour externship, students must successfully complete the 120-hour classroom program.
High school diploma, or HiSET or GED, students must complete a background check (CORI), drug screening, proof of immunization, a negative TB test, and meet other requirements prior to getting accepted in this program.
Tuition costs $1,150 (Some qualified students may be eligible for grant funding to cover all program costs.)
Upon program completion, students will receive a certificate of completion
November 15 – January 27
9a-1p on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Tuesdays: In- person
For more information, please reach out to Janet Pearson, Admissions Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-984-1712
Courses/programs listed with “NC” are non-credit courses/programs.
Pharmacy Technician Certificate Courses
You might also be interested in...
View the current course schedule. Quincy College offers the programs you want, the flexibility you need and the price that makes it all possible.