What is ÄKTA pure?
ÄKTA pure is an easily customizable liquid chromatography system designed for protein purification. The UNICORN software comes with a library containing a wide variety of column parameters and predefined method templates to increase productivity and efficiency. High pressure and air bubble sensors are incorporated in the system to allow unattended runs. A programmable email feature is available to notify operators when an alarm is triggered.
Who should attend the training?
These training courses are designed for researchers, laboratory technicians, manufacturing technicians, QC and QA Personnel, and Chemistry and Biology students.
Objectives of the Course
- Select appropriate columns for your specific project needs
- Prepare buffers for chromatography systems
- Create or edit a method for ÄKTA systems using UNICORN software
- Prepare and run samples on the ÄKTA systems
- Collect, interpret, and evaluate data
- Evaluate system suitability
- Provide General Maintenance to ÄKTA systems
Please visit the Registrar’s Office on the Quincy or Plymouth Campuses.
New Student? Click here to fill out the non-credit application.
After submitting the non-credit application, students will receive an email with their username and password to register online through the My QC Portal. Once you login to the MyQCPortal follow the “Current Student” instructions below for online registration.
Follow these steps for Online Registration
- Go to the QCPortal and login
- Click “Course Search” at the top of the page
- Select “Non-Credit” from the “Term” drop down menu
- Click the “Search” button at the bottom of the page
Courses/programs listed with “NC” are non-credit courses/programs.
ÄKTA pure Courses
- NCN 128
You might also be interested in...
Biotechnology & Good Manufacturing Practice
The Quincy College Biotechnology & Good Manufacturing Program is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in the biotechnology industry
High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
The Quincy College Non-Credit High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) training course is designed for researchers, laboratory technicians, manuf
The Quincy College Non-Credit Gas Chromatography training course is designed for researchers, laboratory technicians, manufacturing technicians, QC an
View the current course schedule. Quincy College offers the programs you want, the flexibility you need and the price that makes it all possible.