Workforce Development Training
To serve as a catalyst and to foster collaboration between Quincy College and individual businesses or public sector, local agencies, associations and governmental agencies with the purpose of using the combined resources of all partners to create alternative educational program opportunities for non-traditional students in need of skills, education upgrades and training that is linked to regional economic development and labor force needs.
To provide high quality, affordable, Workforce Development and training educational opportunities and to equip low-income, underserved and unemployed individuals, families and youth, in South Shore region with the tools and knowledge that helps to prepare them for economic opportunities and career advancement.
Workforce Development fulfills its mission by providing:
- Excellent contextualized career programs that prepare students for workforce entry and postsecondary education advancement.
- Businesses with customizing courses with innovative instructional models for specific employee training needs that lead to career advancement.
- Long-lasting career pathway opportunities to further education into Associate Degree programs at Quincy College, that promote the social and economic development of the region.
- High quality online course options for those who need flexibility in scheduling their training to better fit within their busy schedules.
- Community education courses for personal, professional, and lifelong learning.
Courses/programs listed with “NC” are non-credit courses/programs.
College Credit Certificate Programs
Quincy College offers college credit certificate programs that provide skills training and academic credentials to prepare individuals for employment opportunities. These programs meet Department of Labor and unemployment requirements.
For more information contact:
Janet Pearson, Director of Workforce Development
Kate Lopci, VP of Workforce, Economic & Institutional Development
Industry-specific workforce trainings
Workforce training is designed to provide customized affordable, innovative, quality training and educational solutions to the underemployed, low income residents, in South Shore region. Quincy College partners with area businesses to help meet identified training needs, by providing contextualized classroom content and work based learning experiences. Often, these needs require customized training design and delivery approaches that align with these distinct needs and budgetary circumstances.
High Demand Certificate Programs:
- ÄKTA pure
- Biotechnology and Good Manufacturing Practice
- Bridges to College
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Computers for the Workplace
- Community Health Worker
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Financial Literacy
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Leadership Development
- Pharmacy Technician
- Quickbooks – Basic Accounting
In order to be qualified to receive unemployment benefits, a client/student must be enrolled in no less than 12 college credits/semester.
Non-Credit Test Prep
To provide quality and relevant short-term, non-credit training programs to those who are seeking quick entry into specific career fields. Training allows members of the community to develop new skills or enhance skills to become more productive on the job.
- Certified Professional Coders Test PreparationNC
- Test of Essential Academic Skills Test PreparationNC
- Medical Billing and Coding National Certification Examination PreparationNC
To view the current non-credit courses being offered click here.
ITA, TOP/Section 30 or Trade Candidate
The job training programs at Quincy College are available through the MassHire JobQuest system include training opportunities currently approved. Search now.
You might also be interested in...
Student Career Center
Quincy College Career Services provides a comprehensive approach to career & life planning offering a wide array of services, resources, and programs.
Our mission is to engage alumni and students in programs, events and services that energize interest, build loyalty and strengthen support of QC.
About Quincy College
Quincy College is The College of the South Shore. Founded in 1958, Quincy College is a two-year, municipally affiliated college.
We are committed to promoting student success by offering services, programs and activities.