Massachusetts Unrestricted Construction Supervisor License Exam Prep
This course is designed to prepare individuals to take the Massachusetts Unrestricted Construction Supervisor License exam. This course will teach students how to navigate the required code books in order to gain knowledge and learn the concepts necessary to be successful when taking the exam. The program will provide access to online practice exams and exam application materials.
Courses will be taught by Mike Yanovitch of Mass Construction Consultants, Inc., who has extensive municipal and commercial construction experience in roles as building commissioner, deputy commissioner, and zoning enforcement officer.
CSL in person classes
- December 4, 2023, Monday from 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
- December 11, 2023, Monday from 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
- December 18, 2023, Monday, from 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
State Requirements: to get accepted into the program
A Construction Supervisors License (CSL) allows you to legally supervise persons engaged in construction, reconstruction, alteration, repair, removal or demolition of certain limited types of buildings.
To be eligible for the construction supervisor license exam, candidates must satisfy the following pre qualifications:
- Be 18 years old at the time of the exam.
- Have at least three years of experience in building construction or design in the field in which you wish to be licensed.
- Provide documentation of your experience.
- List your duties as they directly relate to the field of building construction or design.
- Provide a notarized signature indicating: 1) you have read and understand this bulletin; 2) the truthfulness of the information provided on the registration form; and 3) that you have filed all state tax returns and paid state Information provided will be used by the state to determine eligibility for licensure.
- Not have previously passed an examination in the same license class and/or received a license in the same class.
- Individuals whose license has been expired for more than two years
- Individuals as ordered to re-examine following an adjudicatory
Massachusetts Unrestricted Construction Supervisor License Exam Prep Courses
- NCN CSL 01
Construction Supervisor License Exam
Total program hours is 6 hours.
The program is 3 classes, 2 hours each for a total of 6 classroom hours
Earliest date the program will be offered:
December 2023 The course will cover all of the following codes and concepts:
- International Residential Code (IRC 1 and 2 Family Code)
- International Building Code (IBC Multifamily and Commercial Code)
- International Energy Conservation Code
- Massachusetts Amendments (IRC and IBC}
- 521 CMR Architectural Access Board Regulations
- General Knowledge
- Basic Plan Reading
- The exam application process
- The test taking process
- Applying for and obtaining you license
What additional instructional resources will be needed to offer this program?
International Residential Code
International Building Code
International Energy Conservation Code
Massachusetts !BC Amendments
Massachusetts !RC Amendments
521 CMR Architectural Access Board Regulation
You might also be interested in...
Becoming a Quincy College student is as simple as meeting with one of our Admissions Associates.
To serve as a catalyst and to foster collaboration between Quincy College and individual businesses or public sector, local agencies, associations...
Occupational Safety- OSHA 10
Construction certification course addresses how to recognize, avoid, abate, and prevent safety and health hazards in the workplace.
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Classes are open to adults who want to improve their language skills, including writing, reading, & speaking free of charge.