About Internship Services
Internships combine hands-on work experience with classroom learning, provide access to unique, professional opportunities and offer real job experience.
Apply Classroom Theory
- An internship is a chance to see what you have learned in the classroom that relates to the world of work, how the concepts you have read about in textbooks are used in practice, and what theories, ideas, or concepts might be applied in your career area.
- Together with your professor and the QC Internship Coordinator you will identify new skills you hope to learn during an internship. Some skills will relate directly to your focus of study. You will also have the chance to develop other transferable skills, including operating office or computer equipment, handling a variety of situations simultaneously, organizing or analyzing data, records, or budgets, and improving teamwork, writing, and speaking abilities.
- On the job you will gain experience with managing pressure, work relationships and different leadership styles. You will have the opportunity to identify your work style preferences, productive work habits and strengthen your written and verbal communication skills.
Quincy College Internship Services
Quincy College will help you find or develop an internship, work to perfect your resume and cover letter (or start from scratch) and identify the support you need to be successful in your career path.
- Conduct outreach to potential internship providers and employers to identify and secure full, part time and summer internship and employment opportunities
- Help you find the right internship match to meet your academic and career goals; Provide guidance and assistance to students in order to secure appropriate internship and job placement
- Assist you with the building blocks to apply for an internship including building your resume and cover letter and preparing for job interviews.
- Oversee placement and monitoring of students at internship/job sites and obtain employer feedback
- Does your major require an internship? Work with our office in conjunction with your professor to find current opportunities
We build relationships with employers to optimize job opportunities and internships, while also creating strategic partnerships with campus departments to assist students in developing and articulating co-curricular experiences that will help to ensure they are competitive in their future pursuits.
Internship Placement Coordinator
1250 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169
Partner Agencies Coming Soon!
Student Success Stories Coming soon!
April Virtual Events
TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
2:00pm – 3:30pm
Internship Basics with Karen
Set up a 30-minute Zoom meeting to learn about internships, identify your career interests and clarify your next steps!
2:00pm – 3:00pm
Virtual Work Space
Join others in this designated space to focus on one writing goal for 25 minutes! Bring your unfinished resume or cover letter and leave with a sense of accomplishment.
Drop-in Zoom session here.
3:00pm – 4:00pm
Resume and Cover Letter Building Blocks
Start to build or perfect your resume and cover letter! Get tips and strategies to highlight your strengths and stand out among the competition.
Drop-in Zoom session here.
Internship Documents and Resources Coming Soon!
You might also be interested in...
Quincy College has agreements with many institutions in the Boston-area.
Social Media Directory
Stay connected! Like, share, snap, tweet and follow Quincy College on multiple social media platforms.
We are committed to promoting student success by offering services, programs and activities.
Our mission is to engage alumni and students in programs, events and services that energize interest, build loyalty and strengthen support of QC.