Pharmacy Technician Certificate NC
What is the Pharmacy Technician Certificate?
This program is 120 in class hours and 80 required externship hours that prepares students for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam and to obtain the title of Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician. This training skills program is offered to everyone that is seeking employment in the pharmacy technician field.
- Instruction in medical and pharmaceutical terminology,
- Principles of pharmacology and pharmaceutics,
- Drug identification, pharmacy laboratory procedures, prescription interpretation, patient communication and education
- Safety procedures, record-keeping, measurement and testing techniques, pharmacy business operations, prescription preparation,
- Logistics and dispensing operations, and applicable standards and regulations.
Program duration is based on total number of hours, 120 hours and in addition students are required to complete 80 hours of externship. Classes will be offered in person. Attendance is required and must be at 80% or above to graduate from this program.
To be eligible for the 80-hour externship, student must successfully complete the 120-hour classroom program.
High school diploma, or HiSET or GED, students must complete background check (CORI), drug screening, proof of immunization, a negative TB test and meet other requirements, prior to get accepted in this program
Tuition costs $1,150
Upon program completion student will receive a certificate of completion
For more information please reach out to Rhiannon Gorham, Workforce Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617-984-1723
Courses/programs listed with “NC” are non-credit courses/programs.
Pharmacy Technician Certificate NC Courses