This position has been filled and is no longer accepting applications.
Quincy College is a public community college in Quincy, Massachusetts. It is an open admission commuter school that offers associate degrees and certificate programs in professional fields of study. Founded in 1958, Quincy College is a two-year, municipally affiliated college serving approximately 3,500 students at campuses located in Quincy and Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Job Description Overview
The Board of Governors of Quincy College invites applications and nominations for the position of President. The President serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the College reporting to the Board of Governors. The new President is expected to assume office by July 1, 2020. The next President of Quincy College will be a dynamic leader able to develop and implement a strategic vision to foster growth of the School. Strong candidates will have a demonstrated record of achievement and possess capabilities in education, The President will be responsible for providing the academic and executive leadership of the School.
Quincy College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). More information about the position may be found at: https://quincycollege.edu/about/presidential-search
1. Minimum of ten years’ experience in professional pursuits.
2. Advanced degree or an earned doctorate strongly preferred.
3. Demonstrated leadership ability in education, business, and/or other professional career paths.
4. Demonstrated understanding of the unique nature of a community college and the student community which it serves.
5. Proven personal and professional integrity.
The President of Quincy College is the Chief Executive and Administrative Officer for the Board of Governors. He/she will execute directly or by delegation, all executive and administrative duties in connection with the operation of the College.
Specifically, he/she shall:
1. Be responsible for the organization and administration of the College.
2. Make policy recommendations to the Board on all matters that affect the College.
3. Recommend all additions or changes in personnel and in personnel policies.
4. Submit an annual budget and administer the Board approved budget.
5. Have authority to exercise broad, discretionary power along lines established by the Board.
6. Be responsible for the formulation of all reports as may be required by the Board and by local, state or national agencies.
7. Lend influence in the development of higher education programs in local, state and national committees and organizations.
8. Report to the Board on the finances of the College on a regular basis including analytical reports on both the short- and long-range financial condition of the College.
9. Have experience working with staff in a collective bargaining environment.
10. Have a spotless record of integrity, honesty and ethics.
11. Be a visionary.
12. Be dynamic, competitive, and current in the field, be a good communicator and have strong personal skills.
13. Have experience with enrollment management.
14. Have an understanding and experience with the NECHE regional accreditation process.
15. Perform such other duties as may be assigned or delegated by the Board of Governors.
To be determined based on experience and qualifications with an opportunity for increase paralleling the school’s growth.
The position has been filled and is no longer accepting applications.